|Decorated with half-strawberry|
|Topped with soft fruits|
|Handy container... to share with friends|
What I Used:
- 200g Butter
- 330 - 350g All Purpose Flour
- 1 no Egg (whole)
- 1.5 Tbsp Icing Sugar
- 120g Butter
- 4 no Egg (whole)
- 6 Tbsp Plain Water
- 60g Castor Sugar
- 1tsp Vanilla Essence
- Leave butter at room temperature in a bowl, sieve in flour and icing sugar.
- Lightly stir egg in a separate bowl and add into the mixture. Mix until combine, a dough form.
- Press the tart dough into tart mould and bake at 180 degree C.
- Leave to cool down and store in an air-tight container.
- Add butter, castor sugar and vanilla essence into a bowl.
- Lightly mix egg and plain water together in a separate bowl and pour into the butter mixture bowl.
- Prepare a water-bath over medium heat, cook the custard mixture on water-bath. Stir with whisk from time to time until mixture is thick (similar to "kaya" texture).
- Scoop egg custard into tart shell and decorate with fruits.
Scoop egg custard into the tart shell only before serving, to keep the crispy texture of tart shell. Best to serve with soft fruits, such as kiwi, strawberry, blueberry, canned peach, mango, grape, orange, etc.
Specially thanks to Ying Yin's Antie Hooi Sian @ www.yong-hobby.blogspot.com for sharing this wonderful recipe.