As we are going to have kids around for the Christmas gathering, I make it less ginger... These ginger cookies will disappear quickly, so I make a large batch!
- 115g Butter
- 125g Brown Sugar (extra brown sugar to sprinkle on top of dough before baking - optional)
- 4 Tbsp Blackstrap Molasses / Treacle
- 1tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 275g Plain Flour
- 1tsp Baking Soda
- 50g Preserved Ginger (coarsely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- some dusting sugar (decoration)
- Preheat oven to 160 degree C. Lined baking tray with parchment/baking sheets.
- Sift flour, baking soda and spices together.
- Cream butter and sugar. Stir in egg, molasses and lemon juice. Add in flour mixture and mix well.
- Spooned the dough (desired size) on the prepared baking tin. Place about 5cm apart. Sprinkle some brown sugar on top (optional).
- Bake until cookies are just firm to the touch, abvout 12 minutes. Leave to cool on wire rack.
Point to highlight:
Do not chopped preserved ginger too fine, I love biting on ginger pieces.