Thursday, January 19, 2012

Nuts & Seeds Crisps

I called it a perfect match with Pineapple Cookies. Not because of their appearance and taste, its the ingredient - egg white! In my Pineapple Cookies recipe, I used 3 "egg yolks" and with the remaining 3 "egg white" I used them for my popular Crisps! Normally, I would search for all the nuts and seeds which are available in my fridge/store, and the proportion I bake is depends on the amount of nuts and seeds that I have in hand.
Ingredient:








  • 60g Brown/Caster Sugar

  • 3 nos Egg White

  • 40g Corn Oil

  • 300g Mixed Nuts and Seeds

    Method:


  1. Mix sugar and egg white with whisk until sugar is dissolved.

  2. Add corn oil and mix well. Strain off bubbles.

  3. Pour in all mixed nuts and seeds.

  4. Chilled batter in the refrigerator for ~ 5 minutes.

  5. Spoon batter onto baking tray. Use a fork to press out each piece to a thin layer.

  6. Bake at preheated oven at 140 degree celcus for ~ 25 minutes or until is lightly golden brown. Cool on wire rack, store in airtight containers.

Points to highlight: I used white sesame, black sesame, pumpkin seed, sunflower seed and almond slice. Do not lined baking tray, as I find it is not easy to remove and transfer when its baked.

No comments:

Post a Comment