Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Melon Seed Cookies 瓜子饼

This is the second year we bake Mooncake. My sincere gratitude goes to my best friend at “yong-hobby.blogspot.com” for sharing her recipe and provide invaluable guide.

The very first two items that I baked last August, two months after delivered my second child, were Mooncake and Melon Seed Cookies. She is 15months old this month and loved my homemade mooncake and cookies… I have my sister helping me this time around and it makes my baking tasks much easier and smooth.

Ingredients:
750g Low protein flour
450g Golden syrup
250g Peanut oil
1 Tbsp Alkaline water
¼ tsp Salt
250g Lotus paste
150g Melon seed (lightly roasted)
25g White sesame seed (lightly roasted)
25g Black sesame seed (lightly roasted)
150g Meat floss 鸡丝 (optional)

Methods:
1. Mixed 200g flour, golden syrup, peanut oil, alkaline water, and salt evenly and leave it overnight or at least 6 hours.











2. Then use finger tips to rub lotus paste into fine particles and mixed well with the balance flour (550g).
3. Add in roasted melon seed, white and black sesame seed and meat floss (optional). Mixed well.
4. Lastly pour in “Step 1” mixture. Mixed all ingredients into dough.
5. Weight dough into 25g/piece. Roll and lightly press.
6. Brush eggwash on surface before baking.
7. Bake for about 20 minutes or the desired color (lightly brown) at 160ºC.
8. Best to eat 5-7 days after baking. Do not store in the airtight container, as humidity in the air is needed to moisten the cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment