Thursday, July 7, 2011

Local Basil Leave 九層塔

Am having bad cough and flu for the past 10 days. My lung is congested and there is too much phlegm. The usual medication given by doctor did not help to improve my conditions. I decided to walk to wet market this morning to look for an old man selling the homegrown vegetables and leaves.

I know he should have some traditional remedy to ease my cough. Well, without disappointment, Local Basil Leaves (九層塔) was recommended. Take a deep sniff on the leaves, I like it!


Without further delay, I washed the leaves (1 bundle, which cost only RM0.50), poured 3 liters of filtered water into a pot, dropped the leaves into the pot and bring to boil. Add sugar-cane rock sugar and boil till it melt.

I drank the water when its warm and it immediately soothed my throat. After awhile, I drank another 2 cups, and poured some into my Thermos Mug to bring with me to my class. It really helps, as my class was not interrupted by cough today, I stopped occasionally to drink the water.
Thanks to the nature for the wonderful leaves!

No comments:

Post a Comment